This is a quick and simple pasta sauce. I put this together because I have a lot of Sage growing in my garden and leftover greens in the refrigerator. I used this over Butternut Squash Ravioli but it would be good on any type of pasta.
- 15 or so sage leaves, rinsed and sliced
- 1 bag of kale, rinsed
- Swiss Chard, rinsed with stems removed
- 1 bag baby spinach, rinsed with stems removed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of broth ( I used the leftover broth that I had cooked Butternut squash in the night before, but any vegetable or chicken broth will do)
- Pasta of choice – I used ravioli stuffed with butternut squash
- Chop Sage into strips, about a 1/4 inch wide.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to hot pan, when it is melted add Sage and fry until crispy.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large pan add Olive Oil, when oil is hot add the greens and cook until wilted.
- Add the broth and simmer on very low heat.
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Spoon broth and greens over pasta.
- Sprinkle with the crispy sage.