On the quest to make the perfect Fruit Tea for Hal, I finally created one where he said “this is it”… so i thought I would share! The spiced Chai tea bags, cinnamon and cloves gives it a wonderful flavor!
- 8 Cups water
- 1 cup of simple syrup (I put 1 Cup of sugar into a bowl and pour some of the boiling water into it until dissolves)
- 8 cloves
- 4 tea bags – I like to use a combination but always use some or all Black double-spice Chai Tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 fresh ginger slices (about 1/8 inch thick)
- 2 Cups of a combination of Orange and Pineapple (I also like Trader Joe’s Dynamo Juice)
- In a large stock pot add water, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add a cup of the boiling water and pour over the sugar to make simple syrup.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags
- Let steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the simple syrup and juice.
- Strain contents through a sieve and into a container.