This is a recipe from “bake your day” blog which I have altered a bit. You can make it ahead and just add the avocados before serving. I doubled the recipe and had leftovers.
1 1/2 cups corn (cut from 2-3 ears or frozen/thawed)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 avocados, peeled and diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. Honey Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush a light layer of oil on the pan. Add the corn to the grill pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the corn is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Pre heat the oven at 350. Line a baking pan with foil, place tomatoes in a layer and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Combine the avocados, roasted tomatoes (with juice), roasted corn, and red onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over the veggies and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 45 minutes, up to 4 hours. Serve cold.
To prepare the day or night before: prepare as instructed above, except do not add the avocados. When ready to serve, add the peeled & diced avocados and stir to combine with the other ingredients. The avocados can be added in advance, but will start to brown if the salad is left to chill overnight.