I have been cooking a LOT lately but I have a hard time remembering to take photos. I must get better. One of these days I will have a beautiful blog… But these little appetizers are so good I had to post the photos I did have. We had something similar at the Silly Goose a few weeks back and I tried to make my own version. These are spicy and sweet!
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz plain goat cheese (I added some herbs from my garden)
25 marinated Peppadew peppers – Try to get ones with flat bottoms to make it easier to fill.
1/4 to 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2-4 tbs balsamic glaze ( you can also use balsamic vinegar – it just won’t be as sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix the softened cheeses and herbs together until the everything is combined.
- Scoop mixture into a strong freezer style zip bag and cut off one tiny bit off the end.
- Drain extra juice off of the peppers and check for any stray seeds.
- Fill each pepper to the top, but not overflowing. Arrange the peppers, open end up, in a oven safe casserole dish or platter. Top with grated or shredded parmesan.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until parmesan has melted and begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve warm
Yum -thanks for sharing.