We started keeping bees this spring and were rewarded with a bumper crop (?) of honey. Hive honey is wonderful. I searched for some recipes to put it to use. I took a recipe from recipetineats.com and made some changes. I think I might like to add walnuts to the recipe next time. This would be good with tofu or shrimp, too.
- 4-6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- smoked paprika
- 3.5 tbsp butter (or 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil)
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/3 cup honey
- Sprinkle each side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Melt most of the butter in a large skillet over high heat – hold back about 1 tsp for later.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until golden. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Turn heat down slightly to medium high.
- Make a bit of room in the pan and add remaining tbsp of butter.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir / shake pan to combine. Bring sauce to simmer, then simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Turn chicken to coat in sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a touch of water and stir.
- Remove from stove immediately. Place chicken on plates and drizzle over remaining sauce.