These really need no explanation. Super quick for a week night. We made this the meal as it was so filling we did not need the main dish!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (I used half a can)
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, or a combination (2 cups shredded or more)
- 1 small jalapeño (optional)
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken meat (from a 4 to 5-pound chicken) or cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup salsa (I used a combo of Chunky and Peach Salsa)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag restaurant-style tortilla chips (I used Blue Corn)
- Guacamole for topping
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the following, keeping them separate: Drain and rinse 1 can black beans. Drain 1 can sliced black olives. Thinly slice 1 small jalapeño, if using.
- Shred 1 pound cooked chicken into a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup salsa and toss to combine, use the remaining to add where needed.
- Build the nachos: arrange about half of a 16-ounce bag of tortilla chips on the baking sheet in an even layer. Top with half of the seasoned chicken and a handful of shredded cheese and some of the beans. Layer the remaining chips on top, followed by the remaining chicken, beans and cheese as the last layer.