This is a fabulous side dish. I served with chicken. It is addicting. Take advantage of all this wonderful fresh corn while you can!
4-6 ears corn, kernels cut from cobs (4 cups), divided, cobs reserved
5 1/2 cups hot chicken broth, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons table salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
I 1/2 cups Arborio rice
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
l. Stand l reserved corn cob on end on cutting board and firmly scrape downward with back of butter knife to remove any pulp remaining on cob.
Repeat with remaining reserved cobs. Transfer pulp to blender. Add 3 cups corn kernels.
2. Process corn and pulp on low speed until thick puree forms, about 30 seconds. With blender running, add 1/2 cup hot broth. Increase speed to
high and continue to process until smooth, about 3 minutes longer. Pour puree into fine-mesh strainer set over large liquid measuring cup or bowl.
Using back of ladle or rubber spatula, push puree through strainer, extracting as much liquid as possible (you should have about 2 cups corn liquid). Discard solids.
3. Melt butter in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallot, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned,
about l minute. Add rice and thyme sprigs and cook, stirring frequently, until grains are translucent around edges, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stir in 4 1/2 cups hot broth. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until liquid is slightly thickened and rice is just al dente, 16 to
19 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
5. Add corn liquid and continue to cook, stirring gently and constantly, until risotto is creamy and thickened but not sticky, about 3 minutes longer (risotto will continue to thicken as it sits).
6. Stir in Parmesan and remaining l cup corn kernels. Cover pot and let stand off heat for 5 minutes. Stir in creme fraiche, chives, and lemon juice. Discard thyme sprigs and season witl1 salt and pepper to taste. Adjust consistency with remaining 1/2 cup hot broth as needed. Serve immediately.