Since I have been limiting my trips to the grocery these days due to the pandemic I have put together some easy meals. This is for anyone who might want a quick and healthy dinner. We warmed this up the next night.
- 4 chicken thighs, grilled (or packaged cooked)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into quarters
- olive oil for frying and for tomatoes
- 1 package of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package grape tomatoes, cut in half and roasted
- Grilled artichoke hearts in oil, canned or frozen
(I used Trader Joe’s but marinated in the jar is good also)
drained and reserve the oil
- Half a package or orzo, cooked
- Olive oil from artichokes (or add regular olive oil to taste)
- herbs, fresh or dried (oregano, thyme, basil)
- parmesan cheese
- Grill chicken (or use packaged) and slice, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil, place halved grape tomatoes on sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and add zucchini, sauté until tender.
- Add roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and artichokes and stir until combined
- Add cooked orzo, chicken, herbs and drizzle with reserved olive oil from the artichokes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and combine.
Note: just about any vegetables will do, squash, red pepper, eggplant, onions… You don’t have to roast the tomatoes but I like the sweetness it adds.