These are wonderful with a cup of tea!
- 3cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup golden raisins, dried apricots or dried cherries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Position rack in center of oven.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, butter, oil, vanilla and almond extracts and lemon peel in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Form dough into a 15×4 ½-inch log or prepared sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Keep oven on.
- With serrated knife, cut log on angle into 18 ½” thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on cookie sheet and bake until bottom of cookie turn golden about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn cookies over and bake 10-12 minutes more.
- Cool cookies on wire racks.