I just got a spiralizer for my birthday and I tried it out for the first time. Very easy to use. This was a great meal and we will be making this again. I kind of winged it on the ingredients but it makes a great vegetarian meal with little guilt and a lot of flavor. Might be good for after Thanksgiving…
- 1 Head of cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for drizzling on cauliflower)
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or more)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp Sriracha (optional, adds a little kick)
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 package raw spinach, with stems removed
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Place cauliflower chunks on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast until tender and golden, about 20 minutes, cool slightly.
- In a food processor, add the cooked cauliflower, milk, salt, pepper, dried herbs and Sriracha. Blend until a smooth sauce forms, approx 30 seconds to a minute to ensure texture is smooth and creamy with no lumps! Place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini in a medium-sized frying pan greased with coconut cooking spray and cook, while stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini takes on a cooked pasta texture. Careful not to overcook! About mid way through cooking the zucchini, add in the spinach and cook lightly until it is wilted.
- Warm the “Alfredo” sauce in the microwave for about a minute
- Place spinach/zucchini pasta in serving bowls and top with sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese.