When I heard about the terrorist attacks on Paris last night I felt sad, angry and most of all helpless to do anything meaningful. People who kill those who don’t believe in their religion must be stopped. One minute those people were breathing, living, enjoying the moment and the next gone. They never got to take that next breath, say good bye to loved ones, finish their lives. Someone else took that life from them. I got out my baking supplies and did what I do when I don’t know what else to do. I baked something. These are not healthy, not low calorie but when faced with living and dying celery just does not do it. This was adapted for an old recipe from “Taste Of Home” 1996.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Yummy -I’m going to make these right away-hope they make me feel better.