I love risotto and this recipe works great with leftovers… which is what we did with the leftover roasted Salmon we had from the night before. You can substitute Spinach for Kale or use Asparagus, peas – any combo is great. This would also be good with shrimp.
- Heat the broth in a small saucepan.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and saute onions over medium heat stirring often, until golden brown and caramelized.
- Stir in the rice and saute for about a minute.
- Add the wine and cook until liquid is mostly absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Add 3 cups of the stock and cook, stirring often, until it is mostly absorbed (about 8 minutes). Keep adding the stock as it gets absorbed until the rice is tender. If it gets too dry add more stock. (about 10 minutes). The rice should have a creamy consistency.
- Stir in the butter and add the Kale, mixing well.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Break up the roasted Salmon into chunks and add into the risotto to warm it up.
- Sprinkle with some shredded or grated parmesan.
- Serve with good bread and a crisp green salad