We are trying to eat more greens, especially Kale this year. This is a great side dish.
- 8 ounces Brussels Sprouts
- 1 package each of Kale, Broccoli and red Cabbage (you can also buy at Trader Joe’s already shaved which saves time.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup balsamic Vinegar
- parmesan cheese for sprinkling
Wash and pat dry the Brussels sprouts and kale. Cut the bottom stem off Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, finely slice the Brussels sprouts crosswise to give you fine ribbons.
Wash and remove the tough stems from the kale leaves and discard.
Shred cabbage, slicing thinly.
- in a large bowl place all the veggies and toss with Olive oil and balsamic. Add walnuts (you can also add some golden raisins for a sweet taste). Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and roast at 400 for about 12-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Sprinkle with Shaved Parmesan cheese.