We love Thai food and this is sort of a Tom Yum soup, but I have added Shrimp and Green Chai Soba Noodles. There are a lot of variations to this. Is it authentic? Nope. Is it good on a cold, November day? Yup.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3-4 lemongrass stalks
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Sriacha Sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Lime juice
- 15 Grape Tomatoes cut in half
- 1 pound of Shrimp (if you want Non-vegetarian)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 block of Tofu, Drained and Chopped into Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil for frying
- 1-2 tablespoons Soy sauce for Tofu
- Half package of Green Chai Soba Noodles (or Udon)
- Chopped Cilantro for Garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Once boiling, add the lime leaves and lemongrass and boil for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, Sriacha Sauce, lime juice, tomatoes and onions.
- In a large pan heat oil and add Tofu Cubes, brown, add the soy sauce and continue frying until golden brown.
- Add Tofu to broth.
- Add Shrimp (if using) and simmer until cooked.
- In a separate pot, cook noodles per package directions and add to broth before serving.
- Garnish with Cilantro
How come I can’t see anyone else’s comments? K