Valentine’s day is all about love. It can be romantic, or the love you have for family or friends. A week ago I got a package in the mail from a dear friend that included everything but the butter and eggs in these fabulous little packages. It made me happy and feel loved, and I was able to share the love with Hal’s co workers, the woman
who always helps me at the UPS store in Green Hills and Hal. Make sure to chill the dough at least 30 minutes and keep the cookie sheets chilled between making the cookies so they won’t flatten out. These are so yummy. Adapted from http://www.amodernhomestead.com blog. Make these and share some love. The game changer was the scooper
that she included in the photo.You can find one for yourself at: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/eatinwithe/shop/Kitchen+Tools/Baking+Accessories/Small+Scoop/2530
- 2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 5 cups flour
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips (or white chocolate**)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Cream the mixture until it is fluffy.
- Next add eggs one at a time. Beat on high for at least 30 seconds after each egg. The mixture should look like butter cream icing at this point.
- Add baking soda and salt. Mix briefly.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time. Start very slowly to avoid kicking flour out of the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds after each cup.
- Add chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon them onto cookie sheet with a teaspoon and bake for 11-12 minutes.
- The cookies may appear under done, but if baked for any longer they will be too crispy. (Each oven is different, so you may need to adjust the time by a minute or two.)