Perfect for tea time. Or anytime.
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and eggs on low speed until well combined. Add the flour mixture, one cup at a time, until a thick dough forms. Stir in walnuts and dates
- Form dough into a large loaf on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until loaf just starts to crisp on the outside. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the loaf into ½ inch thick slices and place flat on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping biscotti every 15 minutes, until it is dried out and crisp.
Do not store the biscotti in an airtight container as the moisture will release from the pumpkin and make it chewier and moister than it should be.