This was a recipe adapted from Skinnytaste. My husband loved it. I served it hot as a side dish with a roast beef flatbread but it could easily be a meal or served with a salad..
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on cut in quarters
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (or greek yogurt)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh thyme
Heat olive oil and cook onions slowly over medium heat until golden. Combine broth and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the goat cheese (or yogurt), onions and purée again until smooth. You do not have to caramelize the onions it makes the soup a little brown, but i love the taste.
Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve hot.