I was inspired by a Blog from Lemons and Basil to make this dish. http://lemonsandbasil.com/bbq-tilapia-and-sweet-potato-tacos/. Please check out her blog. Her photos are BEAUTIFUL and her food simply wonderful and healthy. This is almost completely cobbled together from leftovers but has grown to be one of our favorites.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tilapia Filet (See my previous post)
- 1/2 Cup cooked rice (brown or White)
- Roasted Tomatoes (See my previous post)
- Smoked Paprika
- 4 tortillas (I love the Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat low carb)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F: While the oven is preheating peel and chop sweet potato into cubes
- Roast Sweet Potato: Place on a non-stick baking tray or one lined with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup). Drizzle with olive Oil, sprinkle with course sea salt, pepper and paprika. Roast for about 9 minutes, toss the potatoes and roast about another 9 minutes until tender and golden.
- Assemble tacos: Heat 4 tacos about 15 seconds in the microwave. Spread layer of cooked rice, cooked tilapia, roasted tomatoes, avocado and roasted Sweet Potatoes.